FW: Assoc Mgmt Training, Conference & Trade Show Registration

to: Lynne Smith
cc: Kris Perry , Michael A Nizich (GQV), Todd Palin
      From : Alaska State Chamber of Commerce [mailto:info@alaskachamber.com]
         Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:57 PM
         To: Governor Sarah Patin (GOV. sponsored)
         Subject: Assoc Mgmt Training, Conference & Trade Show Registration

Alaska State Chamber Fall Conference and Business Trade Show

49Th State, 49th Year: Planning for Alaska's Prosperity

Carlson Center, Fairbanks, Alaska
                                               September 16-18, 2008

DON'T MISS OUT, REMEMBER TO REGISTER BEFORE IT'S TOO
                                       LATE!!

Association Managment Training

This workshop is being sponsored by the Fairbanks Convention and Visitors Bureau. This
         year we have special guest speaker, Professor Susan Herman who will present "Hire Right" and
         "Performance Appraisals that Work." Also, the Director of Benefits for the UA System, Michael
         Humphrey will present "Designing Equitable Compensation Systems." We hope that you can
         send a representative from your organization; it will prove to be an informative event on
         "Managing Human Resources" and you will gain valuable contacts. We only have 40 spots, so
         seating is limited . Lunch with the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce is included in the
         cost and is located in the same building.

PLEASE NOTE: The Association Management Training workshop is not included in the
         price of the Conference registration.

To read full details of the Association Management Training workshop, view the flyer and
         register for the workshop please visit www.alaskachamber.com.

Annual Fall Conference

There is still time to register for our 49th Annual Fall Conference as well as take advantage of
         travel and hotel specials! ! ! Conference registration includes attendance to the Alaska Railroad
         Networking Reception and the Awards Banquet. Conference attendees will be able to:

Attend business focused forums to discuss issuess facing Alaskan business leaders

9/18/2009

Page 2 of 2

Speak directly with our state and congressional lawmakers

Meet with business leaders from the Pacific Northwest

Participate in Voices of the Local Chambers presentation

To read full Conference details, view Conference flyer and register for the Conference please visit
          www.alaskachamber.com.

For questions about the Association Managment Training or the Conference please contact Cheryl
          Eluska by email, celuska@alaskachamber. com, or by calling (907) 278-2727.

Annual Trade Show

Showcase your business or organization at the 49th Alaska State Chamber of Commerce annual trade
          show. This trade show is an exceptional opportunity to promote your services to business leaders and
          key lawmakers who have gathered from across Alaska, the Pacific Northwest and Canada. Reserve your
          booth today!!

To view Trade Show flyer and register for the Trade Show please visit www.alaskachamber.com.

For questions or additional information about our Trade Show please contact Jody Willing by email,
          iwilling,@alaskachamber.com, or by calling (907) 278-2733.

Conference & Trade Show Sponsorship

Take advantage of the opportunity to. address our statewide business audience and be a business
         sponsor of event collateral materials, networking receptions, meals, breaks and programs. Show your
         support for the Alaska State Chamber of Commerce and help underwrite our most well attended event of
         the year!

Businesses interested in sponsorship opportunities are invited to contact Cheryl Eluska by email,
         celuska@alaskachamber. com, or by calling (907) 278-2727.

For questions concerning registration or sponorship payments please contact Teri Engebretson by
         email, infona,alaskachamber .com, or by calling (907) 586-2010.

Use the Alaska State Chamber's 49th Annual Conference and Trade Show to create and strengthen
         relationships with business leaders and decision makers from across Alaska, Canada and the Pacific
         Northwest.

9/18/2009

Re: Computers                                                                                             Page I of 3

Unknown

Sent:      Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:11 AM
         To:        Fagerstrom; Erika (GOV)
         Subject: Re: Computers
         No I'm just letting you know that I find it unacceptable that those who are doing the investigation
         do not have to give a head's up before entering the searched person's bedroom to do anything. I
         can't believe there are no policies in place that address this- or they did not follow policy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 2 device from Cellular One

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:51:35 -0800
        To: 

Did you mean to "reply to all"?

To: Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV)
        Sent: Wed Aug 20 07:20:37 2008

It's unacceptable that whomever is in charge of this "investigation" did not inform me nor grant
        my approval before proceeding. I'm dumbfounded by the way this is developing.

Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cellular One

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:15:05 -0800
        To: 

Governor,

I had understood, although incorrectly, that you were aware that this was taking place. I apologize for not
        keeping you informed, I'll make sure that I communicate with you directly.

I wanted you to be aware that it was Diane and I, not IT staff that moved everything off of your desk. This
        was before we knew that you were returning to the House to pack and we had already begun to prep for
        the plumbing project..

I can certainly understand your frustration with this and will be more diligent at keeping you informed.

Thank you,
        Erika

9/18/2009

Re: Computers                                                                                                       Page 2 of 3

To: Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV); Mason, Janice L (GOV); Lopez, Thomas M (GOV)
         Cc: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV); Todd ; Nizich, Michael A (GOV)
         Sent: Wed Aug 20 06:37:02 2008

Please let me know in the fixture when access is provided to my bedroom by those who don't work in the
         house... and when the computers are accessed also so I may be fully aware, and so that I don't falsely
         assume my kids have moved my possessions around , and for other other obvious reasons.

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:04:03 -0800
         To: ; Mason, Janice L (GOV); Lopez, Thomas M
         (GOV)
         CC: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV); ; Nizich, Michael A
         (GOV)

Governor,

It was only Kami Clark who went into the master bedroom and Todd's office and she was only at each of the
          desks to have access to the computers.

To transport them, one other person helped her, but she was the only IT staff to have access to the 2nd floor.

Erika

To: Mason, Janice L (GOV); Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV); Lopez, Thomas M (GOV)
         Cc: Perry, Kristin Y (GOV); Todd
         Sent: Tue Aug 19 21:43:34 2008

No, I was not told that on Aug 4th this was occurring. Please get more info on this, as its not comforting
         at all knowing this took place with no one present especially. Who are "they"? Who went to the
         bedroom, where else did they go? Please gather more information on this Aug 4th event that occurred
         while I was in Fairbanks. Thanks

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:07:56 -0800
         To: ; Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV); Lopez,
         Thomas M (GOV)
         CC: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV)
         Subject : Re: Computers

Governor - This is the first that I have heard of this therefore, I just checked with the Governor's office computer folks and

9/18/2009

Re: Computers                                                                                                   Page 3 of 3

they went in on Monday , August 4th. They had coordinated with Susan from the house as Erika was not available at the
          time. They unhooked the bedroom computer and took it to copy the hard drive . It was then returned back to the house. All
          of staff computers that were needed were copied over the weekend . I was told that the department of law had asked for this.
          Janice

Sent using BlackBerry

- Original Message
          Cc: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV)
          Sent Tue Aug 1919:46:24 2008
          Subject: Computers

If anyone has an answer, pis let me know asap:
          I understand that someone recently went to my Gov's House bedroom and to one of the House offices to get emails from
          computers - who, when, etc conducted this search of my bedroom's computer and the other house computer? And what were
          the reasons given and responses given to whomever must have officially entered the residence on whatever day it was that
          this occurred. Thank you
          Sent from my BlackBerry . device from Cellular One

9/18/2009

Lay Offs?                                                                                                     Pagel of 2

Unknown

Sent:      Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:22 AM
           To:        Ruaro; Randall P (GOV)
           Subject: Re: Lay Offs?
          In addition to your suggestion to deal with concerned staff there must be a public presser dealing
          with the issue also. Thank you

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:20:59 -0800
          To: ExternalEmailgsp
          Subject: RE: Lay Offs?

Governor.

I will work with Commissioner Kreitzer, OMB and the communications team right at 8:00
          am. My thought is privileged or Personal Material Redacted
         rPrivileged or Personal M aterial Redacted

In hindsight I wish Commissioner Kreitzer had run this issue past her special assistant, Anna
         Kim, myself, and the COS before sending out the e-mail so we could have clarified all the above
         points in that initial e-mail sent by ADMIN.

Randy
         Sent: Wed 8/20/2008 4:59 AM
         To: McAllister, William D (GOV); Leighow, Sharon W (GOV); Nizich, Michael A (GOV); Ruaro, Randall P
         (GOV); Goode, Kelly C (GOV)
         Cc: Perry, Kristin Y (GOV); Rehfeld, Karen 7 (GOV)
         Subject: Lay Offs?

Bill- pis find out if Megan Peters was absent from work yesterday, hence KTtN's inability to get any answers from

9/18/2009

Lay Offs?                                                                                                             Page 2 of 2

DPS regarding their claims that troopers may be laid off.
            Mike- pis ask Mr. Glass why KTUU had to report that they didn't get answers, and also ask what this story was about
          anyway. What troopers may get laid off? Who does he believe directed or approved this? And what happens today - as it was
          reported "troopers will learn their fate tomorrow"?
            Kelly- pis ask their leg liasion if there's some misunderstanding that the DPS budget was out by lawmakers, thus
          necessitating lay offs (as PSEA has been claiming in their media interviews )... and remind the liasion that we increased their
          budget and no one from admin has directed lay offs and were unaware of any need to pink slip troopers - in fact quite the
          opposite we're anxious to learn of their actions towards an aggressive recruiting plan so they can add more necessary
          troopers. (Karen and Annette have more details if they're unclear on what the legislature did in actually approving
          INCREASED line items for DPS.)
            Obviously nothing makes sense in the recent media reports regarding claims that troopers will learn their fate today re:
          threatened pink slips, but it will be helpful to learn why DPS didn 't have responses to KTUU last night, why PSEA would
          ever claim that lay offs may be pending (and how the tragic Bonnie Craig murder case would be relevant to this , as KTUU
          suggested), and what is special about August 20 as that's the date troopers will reportedly learn their fate?
            Very unfair to the public to have all these unanswered questions so it's imperative the answers are quickly assimilated and
          aggressively presented to Alaskans today - so those whom we serve may have the confidence in their public safety
          organization that they deserve , and so citizens aren't left confused as to what we just accomplished with the legislature in
          terms of budget increases and contract negotiations . A press conf with Annette's participation (and DPS leadership) is
          warranted on this - that may be the only way to get the truth out there . Short of that, a press release clarifying and correcting
          all the recent erroneous reports must go out today so I 'd like Bill, Randy and Annette to do that as they get DPS leadership's
          clarifications on the record also. Truly, this is all horribly unfair to the public for them to be deceived concerning our
          intentions and actions with trooper positions . Thanks

9/18/2009

Re: Computers                                                                                              Page 1 of 2

Unknown

From:      Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV) [/O=SOA/OU= FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
                      GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=EFAGERSTROM]
          Sent:       Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:15 AM
          To:         'gov.sarah@yahoo.com'
           Subject Re: Computers

Governor,

I had understood, although incorrectly, that you were aware that this was taking place. I apologize for not
          keeping you'informed , I'll make sure that I communicate with you directly.

I wanted you to be aware that it was Diane and t, not IT staff that moved everything off of your desk. This
          was before we knew that you were returning to the House to pack and we had already begun to prep for
          the plumbing project.

I can certainly understand your frustration with this and will be more diligent at keeping you informed.

Thank you,
          Erika

To: Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV); Mason, Janice L (GOV); Lopez, Thomas M (GOV)
          Cc: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV); Todd ; Nizich, Michael A (GOV)
          Sent: Wed Aug 20 06:37:02 2008

Please let. me know in the future when access is provided to my bedroom by those who don't
          work in the house ... and when the computers are accessed also so I may be fully aware, and so
          that I don't falsely assume my kids have moved my possessions around, and for other other
          obvious reasons.

Sent from my BlackBerry  device from Cellular One

Date : Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:04: 03 -0800
          To: ; Mason, Janice L (GOV); Lopez,
          Thomas M (GOV)
          CC: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV); ; Nizich,
          Michael A (GOV)

Governor,

It was only Kami Clark who went into the master bedroom and Todd 's office and she was only at each of
          the desks to have access to the computers.

To transport them, one other person helped her, but she was the only IT staff to have access to the 2nd
          floor.

Erika

9/18/2009

Re: Computers                                                                                                     Page 2 of 2

Cc: Perry, Kristin Y (GOV); Todd
          Sent: Tue Aug 19 21:43:34 2008

No, I was not told that on Aug 4th this was occurring. Please get more info on this, as its not comforting
          at all knowing this took place with no one present especially. Who are "they"? Who went to the
          bedroom, where else did they go? Please gather more information on this Aug 4th event that occurred
          while I was in Fairbanks. Thanks

Date: Tue,19 Aug 2008 21:07:56 -0800
          To: ; Fagerstrom, Erika (GOV); Lopez,
          Thomas M (GOV)
          CC: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV)

Governor -'This is the first that I have heard of this therefore, I just checked with the Govemor's office computer folks and
          they went in on Monday, August 4th. They had coordinated with Susan from the house as Erika was not available at the
          time. They unhooked the bedroom. computer and took it to copy the hard drive. It was then returned back to the house. All
          of staff computers that were needed were copied over the weekend. I was told that the department of law had asked for this.
          Janice

Sent using B1ackBerry

--- Original Message ----
          Cc: Perry, Kristina Y (GOV)
          Sent: Tue Aug 19 19:46:24 2008
          Subject: Computers

If anyone has an answer, pls let me know asap:
          I understand that someone recently went to my Gov's House bedroom and to one of the House offices to get emails from
          computers - who, when, etc conducted this search of my bedroom's computer and the other house computer? And what were
          the reasons given and responses given to whomever must have officially entered the residence on whatever day it was that
          this occurred. Thank you

.t

9/18/2009